Kandua is a mission-driven tech startup. We build easy tools that empower people professionally. Tools that shorten the distance between having a skill and making a living from it. Our flagship product, Kandua.com, is South Africa’s #1 online home services marketplace: A seamlessly designed platform, that connects great home service providers to the people who need them, powered by pioneering technology and a passionate, talented team. We’ve made over R200 million in work opportunities and 100 000 jobs possible for vetted Pros – and we’re just getting started. Learn more about Kandua here.
We're looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about building scalable products that users love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy on time.
- Build & maintain a product roadmap for some subset of the company's product lines, optimising for the experience of our partners, customers, and service providers - as well as Kandua's bottom line
- Pull through the roadmap into fortnightly sprints, encouraging input & engagement before finalisation
- Build high-bandwidth relationships with internal ops teams and external partners, who you satisfy by listening to attentively, tailoring solutions for creatively, and managing expectations with tightly.
- Work closely with engineering to ship maximal value as quickly as possible. This includes rapidly launching MVP's, running well-designed experiments, and optimising existing products by paying attention to qualitative & quantitative feedback
- Translate product strategy into feature specs with exquisite framing, clarity, and thoroughness, drawing on team mates where necessary
- Collaborate with the Growth team to develop compelling messages across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns), and develop product marketing strategies
- Objective oriented: You acutely understand the business strategy, and are obsessive about prioritising and focus to deftly & efficiently guide the product roadmap towards goals
- Highly organised - capable of staying on top of a lot of moving parts
- Comfortable with technology - Understand the process of writing software enough to intuit, to some level, constraints & difficulty. You are comfortable exploring the permutation space of a feature with the engineering team, to find the one with highest ROI
- Comfortable with complex data sets - Does not need to be able to code but is curious about the domain needs top be highly capable with data analytics tools and enjoy tinkering e.g. excel formula, SQL etc
- Learning mindset - Enjoys the process of consistently developing hypotheses with new or newly presented information
- Great Communicator: You need to be a compelling & thorough communicator - in the verbal form, in the written form, and also via slides.
*If your skills run deep in either of these, that is amazing! We can tailor the role for you.
Also, experience in these will be a welcome bonus: Marketing, Copywriting, UX/UI design
- A Business Analyst - who wants more ownership
- A Management Consultant (Digital) - who wants to get closer to the impact
- A UX / Service Designer - who wants to learn to manage the product
- A (BI) Developer - who grew more interested in the problem than the solution
- A Product Manager - nothing beats experience!