Kandua is a mission-driven tech startup. We build easy tools that empower people professionally. Tools that shorten the distance between having a skill and making a living from it. Our flagship product, Kandua.com, is South Africa’s #1 online home services marketplace: A seamlessly designed platform, that connects great home service providers to the people who need them, powered by pioneering technology and a passionate, talented team. We’ve made over R200 million in work opportunities and 100 000 jobs possible for vetted Pros – and we’re just getting started. Learn more about Kandua here.
The biggest channel both for the home maintenance and renovation industry and for us - is Search. We dominate organic search: for the biggest search terms in the biggest cities, we’ve locked down the #1 spot. Our paid search approach is also one of the most sophisticated in SA, this is essential given the hundreds of different services, and multiple cities where we need to win.
This is an opportunity to play a vital role at the forefront of the Performance Marketing industry.
- The marketer will work under the guidance of the Senior Manager and in collaboration with a growth team to take ownership of the customer growth mandate of Kandua
- You will be responsible for continuously optimising paid media campaigns such that an increasing number of people can find and use the product at attractive unit economics across the business, with a budget of over R500k.
- You will push to ensure the maximum number of people that land on our pages are able to be served by managing and improving on-page conversion in collaboration with the product teams
- You will assist implementation of remarketing such that customers are able to find and use the product after their first visit
- 15% Month to Month growth through paid media channels
- Maintain consistent unit economics while growing
- Improve on-page conversion across all pages
- Assist development of a new digital channel at least one new channel in marketing stack bringing in 10% new customers by Q4 2021
- Digital Marketing experience- Proven experience in managing and implementing marketing activities through research, strategic planning, implementation and reporting
- Budget management - Proven experience with cross channel measurement and budget optimisation
- Results obsessed - Extremely driven to achieve outcomes
- Highly organised - On top of the (multiple) moving parts and provides clarity and direction to colleagues and partners
- Highly self-motivated - Excited to take full ownership for results and its appropriate means
- Comfortable with complex data sets/technology - Can understand nuances of running multiple experiments across multiple categories enough to have meaningful conversations with technical partners
- Curious/Creative - Enjoys actively looking for new or interesting ways to do things and is not afraid to try them out
- Team Player - Ability to build trusted relationships across marketing teams, managing expectations and pushing back on unrealistic requests
- Good Communicator - excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- 3-5+ years experience in performance marketing (ideally in paid search)
- Proven experience working cross-functionally with product, other marketing functions, and sales teams
- Thorough understanding of ad-tech - Bidding automation, attribution, tracking, etc
- Comfortable to perform directed, actionable data analysis within excel
- Experience with marketplace models
- Ability to query and build a story around data (using SQL)
- Past experience building content marketing engine across multiple channels