Kandua is a mission-driven tech startup. We build easy tools that empower people professionally. Tools that shorten the distance between having a skill and making a living from it. Our flagship product, Kandua.com, is South Africa’s #1 online home services marketplace: A seamlessly designed platform, that connects great home service providers to the people who need them, powered by pioneering technology and a passionate, talented team. We’ve made over R200 million in work opportunities and 100 000 jobs possible for vetted Pros – and we’re just getting started. Learn more about Kandua here.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised relationship-builder to join our team as Client Success Manager. You will play a vital role at the forefront of driving Kandua’s partnership strategy. Your capability, discipline, ability to build partnership and drive value will ensure you shine in this role.
- The Client Success Manager will be the main point of contact between the company and a number of named enterprise accounts. Understand their specific requirements and culture (strategy, structure, targets, operational standards, routines, processes, systems etc.) to determine opportunities for value creation or reduced cost to serve.
- You will serve as the primary contact for the onboarding and ongoing training of new clients as well as post go-live support where required.
- You will work closely with clients to ensure that a solid relationship is achieved and maintained through both periods of good and poor service.
- You will provide operational guidance and support to ensure efficient value delivery is maintained. Resolve escalated operational issues internally, with clients and with their customers; anticipate and prevent future problems.
- You can expect to manage the performance and growth of a growing team to ensure optimum client satisfaction.
- You will build a close relationship and manage (the internal Accounts Department) the collection of all the outstanding accounts and assist the Accounts Department with troubleshooting and resolving finance queries.
- Ensure all new clients are profitable within 6 months
- Expand existing client relationship revenue by 10% per month (per client)
- Maintain client churn at <5% per year
- Onboard minimum 2 new large clients per year (i.e. with potential for >5k jobs per month)
- Oversee collection of 100% of receivables from clients
- Able to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective processes.
- Have an impressive presence and communication abilities.
- Excited to get in the mix - jumps at the opportunity to get to the root cause of problems and fix them.
- Highly self-motivated - excited to take full ownership for results and its appropriate means.
- Passionate about technology and being a part of a fast-growing tech company.
- Good project management ability and experience.
- Leadership ability - endeavours to carry along team members and wider team with the appreciation of importance of shared context in a diverse environment.
- Proficiency in basic tech suite (Microsoft office, Slack, Trello etc)
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Has 4+ years of experience in customer / client success, account management, business development, or another client-facing role.
- Has experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Services).
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience in a tech / SAAS / marketplace business
- Experience in retail / property / facilities management