Kandua is a tech startup looking for eager team members to support our growing business needs.
Kandua builds easy tools that empower people professionally. Tools that shorten the distance between having a skill and making a living from it. Our flagship product, Kandua.com, is South Africa’s largest online home services marketplace: A seamlessly designed platform that connects great home service providers to the people who need them, powered by pioneering technology and a passionate, talented team.
Kandua is the largest marketplace for maintenance & renovation in SA. The biggest channel both for the industry and for us - is Search. We dominate organic search: for the biggest search terms in the biggest cities, we’ve locked down the #1 spot. Our paid search approach is also one of the most sophisticated in SA, this is essential given the 100’s of different services, and multiple cities, that we need to win within.
Business Analysis at Kandua is varied, mission-critical, with unique challenges
Kandua has a remarkably expansive(and expanding!) set of products. All the way from a consumer marketplace, to quoting and invoicing software and fulfillment of insurance claims. You’ll dance between all of these product streams - turning our ambitious product roadmap into a reality. You stitch together insights from the team, the users, and our vast set of analytics into deftly crafted new features & initiatives. You’ll carry this all the way into production, with tight collaboration with our A-team of engineers.
As a Business Analyst at Kandua you will work closely with both the Product Manager and Data Lead to articulate business needs to the software development team and wider stakeholders. You will:
- Identify detailed product requirements using a combination of elicitation techniques – running stakeholder workshops, competitor research, research interviews and data analysis etc.
- Write world class requirements for how a product/ feature will work at a user story level.
- Outline KPIs required to evaluate the success of a new product/ feature and work closely with the data lead to deliver this.
- Create ‘As-Is’ and ‘To Be’ business process maps that enable new feature development.
- Aggregate and analyse data from multiple sources and compile it into actionable and easy-to-understand insights and recommendations.
- Business Process Mapping to formalise rapidly changing daily processes.
- Work closely with the data lead to create data visualisations.
You will need to have:
- Experience working with a software development team in an Agile environment.
- An in-depth understanding of the process of digital discovery and delivery.
- Digital workshopping experience with key stakeholders to elicit key requirements.
- Exceptional user story writing and refinement skills: the ability to turn business requirements into actionable tasks.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all seniority levels and job types.
It would be preferable to have experience in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of industry standard tools such as JIRA
- Knowledge of data visualization software like Tableau and Google Data Studio
- Experience using Google Analytics or Amplitude
- Better detailed requirement specifications, for project cards.
- Increased on-time deliveries, fewer product quality issues, higher ROI.
- Better planned coordination activities, monitoring and management requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Increase visibility into the link between tasks & outputs and the project's desired beneficial effect.
- Increase company revenue, average user spend and active user base.